Mitochondrial Care Network Launched
Congratulations to our newly selected officers, instated at the coming June UMDF meeting:
President, Amel Karaa
Secretary-Treasurer, Mary Kay Koenig
Program Chair, Andrea Gropman
Announcement and Application for the Pilot Phase of the Mitochondrial Care Network (link to announcement and application)
Publication and Project Update
- The MMS is working on reclassifying the diagnosis of "Possible" Mitochondrial Disease. More to come in 2018
- The MMS has developed Preventative Care Guidelines for patients with Mitochondrial Disease. The publication is in Genetics in Medicine and available here.
- Formal treatment guidelines for the Management of stroke in MELAS are now available at JAMA Neurology. For more information, click here.
- The MMS has looked at Solid-organ transplant outcomes in primary mitochondrial disease. The publication is available here
- Mitochondrial Case Studies, a clinician friendly review of the presentations, differential, pathophysiology and treatment approaches of some of the most common (and some uncommon) mitochondrial diseases is now available on Elsevier. The editors include several of the past-Presidents of the MMS with chapters written by MMS members. See more at this link.
- The MMS North American Consensus Criteria for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Mitochondrial Disease are now available in the journal Genetics in Medicine. Click here to see more.
Mitochondrial Global Networks
The Mitochondrial Medicine Society is pleased to offer a live Google map
of the Mitochondrial Global Networks. Go to the Clinics tab to see more.
Fellowship in Mitochondrial Medicine
The North American Mitochondrial Disease Consortium (NAMDC) fellowship is soliciting applications. Read more here